Maths mate term 3 sheet 2 question 24

Predict:                                                                                                                                  Adding, partitioning and guessing.

Reading:                                                                                                                                               Each bead has a value according to its colour. The value of the first three string of are given. What is the value for the last string?

The BIG Question:                                                                                                                     What is the value for the last string?

Solve:                                                                                                                                                Firstly I broke 17 into 5 numbers. 4 was the same numbers and 1 was different. For fun I tried 4, four’s and 1,one, then I added them up and it worked.                                                                                                                                           So filled in the same numbers in the colour. So then I only needed to 6 to the third one and 4 to the other so I put 2 in. Added 1,2,2,4,4 together witch made 13.

Capture math mate 2